Increase Your Used Cars Value with Floor Mats
Increase your used cars resale value with new custom leather floor mats and a few other fast, easy and affordable ideas. There are plenty of things you can do before you sell your car to increase the value and get the most money for it. Let’s face it we put a lot of money into our cars from purchase price to maintenance, gas, insurance, registration and more. It is always nice to get back as much as money as possible when you sell it. Take a look below at some of the fast, cheap and easy ways you can quickly increase the value of your car before you sell it.
- Replace old floor mats with new custom leather floor mats! This gives the impression that the car has been taken care of. Floor mats are often the first thing a person will see when they open the driver side door. Having leather instead of basic rubber or plastic mats will give the impression that you took good care of the car rather than taking a cheap approach to maintenance (more about maintenance below).
- Wash & wax: Give your car a good wash and wax and it will obviously look cleaner and newer. Do you have scratches or dents? Don’t worry…
- Detail or paint for newer cars: Some cars take on more of the elements than others. Is your paint bright and sharp or faded? A faded paint job can give the impression that your car took a beating while having a nice bright finish just looks better for several reasons.
- Fix scratches & dents: If you have scratches or dents this can be a lot easier, faster, and cheaper to fix than you may think.
- Clean or replace tires & rims: Wheels get dirty quickly and some rims seem to invite dirt to the party more than others. Either way it is not as hard as you may think to clean your tires and rims. If they are really dirty it might be a good idea to change them and you don’t necessarily need to buy brand new ones. Clean shiny wheels will give the impression the car is in newer condition and was taken care of well.
- Clean & vacuum interior: Obviously you should clean and vacuum your interior. This includes the steering wheel, dashboard, seats, carpet, door panels and anywhere that is easily visible to the eyes. Dust easily sets inside the interior.
- Make all easy repairs: Any kind of damage will give the impression the car was not properly taken care of. Make sure you have good bright light bulbs in the headlights, no cracks or stains on the interior panels, no cracked windows, and other similar things are very important if you want to get top dollar for your car.
Why using custom leather floor mats will keep the value of your used car higher while you own it.
If you are looking for the best ways to keep the resale value of your car up as high as possible while you own it you are in luck again! We have some great tips for you but it all starts with floor mats. Yes that’s right you can increase your cars resale value simply by using custom leather floor mats instead plastic or rubber mats and it might be more affordable than you think. This is actually one of the most important and still one of the easiest things you can do to get the best results.
Are you wondering what are the benefits of using new custom leather floor mats? Think about it… What part of your interior will get dirty the most and the fastest? Obviously it is the area on the floor right in front of the driver where the feet go. Using good floor mats will protect this area better and it can make a huge difference when it comes time to sell the car. Here are some other ways to keep your cars value up…
- Keep the mileage down: The more miles you put on your car the less it is worth. This is one of the most important factors (if not the most important) for keeping the highest resale value possible. You may be surprised how much of a difference it makes to someone looking at 94,000 miles or 101,000 miles on the dashboard when they are considering buying the car.
- Follow full maintenance schedule & keep good records: This is another important factor in retaining the highest resale value. Maintenance includes things like rotating the tires, change all of your fluids on time, keeping your engine tuned up etc.
- Make all repairs right away: When something breaks don’t wait to fix it. Often one problem can not only lead to another problem but also cause damage in other places. Then before you know it there are several repairs that need to be made.
- Park in a garage or sheltered place: Parking your car in a garage or at least in a sheltered place will keep your exterior paint brighter and looking new. If you don’t have a garage maybe you should consider using a cover. Either way you always want to avoid parking on the street if possible.
- Drive safely not aggressively: When you drive your car fast and hard you can cause damage to the engine and also the suspension. Nothing says “this car was abused” to a potential buyer more than having slow response time when you hit the gas pedal except maybe when you are going around a turn and the suspension feels loose and beat up.
- Wax & wash exterior often: You should wax your car once in a while to preserve your paint. Then of course you should make sure you wash your car routinely in order to keep it looking as new as possible.
These are some of the most important things you can do to help your car retain value so that you can get the best price for it when you decide to sell. Check out some of our other articles related to custom leather floor mats, article #2, and article #3. We welcome your feedback and hope this was helpful. Good luck selling your car!